So you've decided to start waist training and good on you for looking after yourself and taking some action with your body shape.
This is probably the most common question and issue we have. Often people select the wrong size and there is a delay in getting their waist trainer because they then have to return it to us and wait for the replacement. When selecting the best size for your waist trainer it's important to know a few things:
1. How to measure yourself - Understand your waist and hips
2. Using those measurements to select the right size
3. Know your body, if you know you are a slightly different in shape understand you might need a different size than what the chart might say
The first part in selecting the right waist training corset for you is measuring your waist.
MEASURING YOUR WAIST
1. Find the top of your hip bone
2. Find the bottom of your ribs
3. Place a tape measure in between these 2 areas and wrap it around your waist. Preferrably a cloth measure as it will move around your body much easier than a metal or hard measurement tool. Don’t let it be slack but not too tight either.
(hint: If you don't have a flexible measurement tool you can also use a piece of string to measure and then mark the length of the string around your waist and place it against the hard measure tool instead)
SELECTING YOUR SIZE
Using the chart below you can view which size might work best for you:
If you are closer to the tighter end of these measurements it would be recommended to go to the larger option and then train your waist down to the smaller size. Never select the size you would prefer to be instead of the size that actually fits you. There is no point getting a waist trainer and not have it fit at all, or otherwise only just fitting and being very uncomfortable wearing it. Listen to your body.
There are certain situations where this chart might not apply. Sometimes just after giving birth, your body shape is not regular or you may be smaller or larger in your hip or belly area. It's important to take these things into account when selecting your size.
To see the collection and which waist trainer would be best for you click here Australian Waist Trainers
Hopefully, this helps and gets you on your way to finding your best shape!
WTX Team xx